Step 1 – Cleaning up the computer. Run Disk clean up, Delete Junk files (Temp and prefetch file)
The cleaning process is also called Optimization. Basis on the daily usage of computer temporary files are prefetch files are being created on daily basis however it’s always a good exercise to clean up these junk files periodically. This accumulated junk file may slow the system performance as a result Webroot secure any where may stop responding. Hence cleaning junk files periodically not only fix this issue but also it will help system to perform better. Cleaning process has been explained below
- Press both Windows + R key & release both the key to get Run prompt
- With the help of disk cleanup command execute disk clean up process to free up the space
- It has also sub category e.g. junk files, temporary internet files.
- Run a malware scan to remove infections
- Selected the boxes and click on ok to clean the junk files. For more information Visit Webroot.com/safe
Step 2 – Repair windows registry entries:
Registry is the heart of operating system (OS), The OS is handled by registry and if the registry is infected it is obvious that the system may not function properly. Open the run panel or press Windows + R button.
- Open the command prompt by typing the command CMD in run box.
- Now press enter, click on “YES” on user account control (UAC) to allow the permission to the program.
- In the Run window or in the command prompt, type “regedit”, and then press enter to open Registry Editor.
- Now click on edit on registry windows and select find, Type “Webroot Error 100” in the search box to go to it key, in the Registry Editor.
- Delete all founded error code.
- Make sure to back up registry before making any changes. Now click on export under the file Menu and click on the “Save In” list select the folder to save the backup key.
Step 3 – system restore:
System restore is a process through a system can be restored to previous operating condition. It can be done from windows mode or from advanced boot mode option.
- Type “System Restore” in the search box then hit enter or with the help of restore – system restore can be opened.
- On UAC screen type yes.
- When system restore screen appears follow the instructions given on the screen step by step in order to initiate system restore process.
- It takes some time to complete the process.
- Wait until the process is completed
- On successful restoration, reboot the computer and check for the error message.
If still same error “ Webroot Error 100” persists then visit webroot.com/safe for more help.